It’s easy! Rent a bike via mobile app, kiosk, on-board computer or by calling customer service
Unlock & Ride
Via mobile app:
- Use the nextbike mobile app to enter the bike number and receive the unlock code
- Enter lock code into on-board computer, press OK, and the bike will automatically unlock
- Secure the cable lock in the holder at the basket and enjoy your ride!
Other rental options:
- Using any kiosk
- Holding a customer card up to the onboard computer
- Entering your phone number (1+area code+number) and PIN into the on-board computer
- Calling Customer Service (201) 208-2913.
Need to run an errand, make a quick stop, or grab a cup of coffee mid-trip? No problem.
- Choose the parking option using the on-board computer and slide the cable lock through the front wheel.
- Lock up to any bike rack or lock the bike to itself by inserting the cable lock through the front wheel.
Ready to continue riding?
- To unlock the bike again, enter lock code from the app into the on-board computer.
Keep track of time
While your bike is parked, time continues to count against the 30 or 45 minute limit until the bike is returned to an official station.
At official stations
Insert the bike into a free rack and lock it with the cable lock.
Choose the return option using the on-board computer and you’ll get a confirmation on the display saying “RETURNED” after just a few seconds.
No available racks? No problem! Just leave the bike next to the station and lock it to itself with the cable lock.