July 24, 2018 – In partnership with the SHINE Mural Festival, we’re inviting the community to bring new bike basket artwork to our St. Petersburg fleet. Show your love for St. Pete and its internationally renowned mural scene by designing bike baskets that represent our city!
“Think of bicycles as rideable art that can just about save the world.” – Grant Petersen.
The challenge will be open to submissions until August 15, when a panel of judges will select 20 finalists to put to public vote. The five winning designs will be featured on Coast Bike Share baskets throughout the SHINE Mural Festival 2018!
How to enter:
- Download the templates for your artwork HERE.
- Design your bike basket wrap.
- E-mail the completed design to firstname.lastname@example.org with “SHINE BIKE” in the subject line no later than 7PM EST on Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
- Entries may be submitted as a .pdf or .jpg file.
- To enter you must be 18 or older and a resident of Tampa Bay.
- Finalists will be notified on or around August 20 before the artwork is put to public vote.
Q: Is there anything I can’t include on the design?
A: The design must be the original creation of the entrant. Entries that contain discriminatory images, content, or inspiration, profane or offensive language, or third party copyrights, trademarks, content, or other images owned or controlled by a third party other than the entrant will not advance.
Q: How will you notify me if I am selected as a finalist or winner?
A: We will communicate with entrants via the e-mail address provided in the submission. If an entrant cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim an award, the award may be forfeited and an alternate entrant may be selected from remaining eligible entries submitted.
Q: Who is judging the competition?
A: The panel of judges will be comprised of staff from the SHINE Mural Festival, Coast Bike Share, and Florida CraftArt.